Saturday, October 29, 2011
Reflection - Week 4 EDLD 5301 - Action Research
Week 4 has been a week of evaluation concerning my action research plan. After reading about the four models for sustaining school improvement in the Harris, Edmonson, and Combs textbook, Examining What We Do To Improve Our Schools: 8 Steps From Analysis To Action; and after meeting with my site mentor, I decided to make a couple of changes within my plan. I am adding the Force Field Analysis strategy to the beginning of my plan in hopes of eliminating negative forces prior to meeting with teachers to determine what technology application teks they have already addressed in the school year. With a new curriculum and a new state test thrown on teachers in one school year, I feel that they may be apprehensive to incorporate technology into their lessons. Hopefully, by reflecting on these 7 questions prior to meeting with the teachers all will go as planned. My meeting with my site mentor went very well and he was very encouraging about the action research topic. He made a few suggestions that I put into the revised action plan. When all is done, he would like for this plan to be a model for the fourth and fifth grade teachers in implementing technology.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment