From the videos I watched, the recurring theme for me was that all decisions made in a distric and on a campus must be data driven. I felt that Dr. Kirk Lewis from Pasadena ISD was helpful when he said that action research should be practical for you.
After reading the assigned chapter in the Dana text and looking at all the passions, I agree with the statement under passion. Principals do look like deer in the headlights. Every district is under the gun to improve student permformance. As a leader of the school, the principal bears the burden along with the teachers.
Lastly, I found the cautionary notes at the end of chapter two to be a great reference:
*Research should not focus on controlling or changing other people's practice (p.64)
*It takes time to discover a true passion that will sustain you through the process (p.67)
*Give yourself time to select the correct wording of your wondering:
-clearn, concise, and specific
-one whos answers youi do not already know
-free of judgement language
-phrased as open-ended
-doable (p.67)
*Allow your wondering to change and evolve over time as you engage in inquiry (p.68)
Dana, N. F. (2009). Leading with passion and knowledge: The principal as action researcher. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press
No comments:
Post a Comment