Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Web Conference #2

     This week’s web conference was very enlightening. I was very excited to see the entire 18 month plan of action. I am at times overwhelmed with the amount of work that I have to do each week and at other times I am confident that I can get all the work done – no problem. I feel these two weeks have really been useful in the information that we have researched. Taking a look at the State STaR Chart Summary and comparing it to my districts STaR Chart Summary really brought into perspective that Lumberton ISD is very comparable with the rest of the state. This was a big relief for me. It also gives me an idea as to what direction we as a district need to head. Technology integration is very important and professional development aimed at getting teachers comfortable with this integration should be a key focus.

     Knowing when I finish the 18 month course, I will have a Masters Degree and have the opportunity to take the Principals Certification Examination was great news. I look forward to see what each week brings and am looking forward to getting the Internship process started.

Mary Johnson/EDLD 5306/ET8038

No comments:

Post a Comment